It's OSU's 15th NCAA Tournament appearance, and fifth under head coach Jim Littell. There was some early doubt the Sooners would make the NCAA Tournament due to an early exit in the Big 12 Tournament but a strong finish to the regular season helped them make their case. If so, the FBI should investigate the committee for giving Oklahoma the nod over three programs now on the government watch list: Louisville, Oklahoma State and USC. "This is something I dreamed about as a kid and I just had a bunch of emotions running through my body, so I couldn't do anything but just sit there and pray", said OU star Trae Young. I mean, I wanted to play in this tournament so bad.
The decision was not accepted as easily by everyone.
Syracuse (22-8) is making its sixth consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance and its second straight as a No. 8 seed. In this space, we'll explore a few teams that had legitimate arguments (at least to some degree) to be a part of the biggest spectacle in college basketball.
Each had a different critique of Oklahoma, with Barkley noting the way the Sooners stumbled badly down the stretch and Vitale wondering how they could have been chosen over in-state rival Oklahoma State.
"I know I'm a dummy - I know I can't spell, I know I can't read, I can't write, I have no math skills - but I want someone to explain this to me", Vitale said. There is no way in the world that Oklahoma State, if Oklahoma's in, Oklahoma State had to be in the tournament.
"I see no logic".
"I think that we are young, but we have a lot of experience", sophomore guard Robbi Ryan said. "To tell you the truth, it frustrates the hell out of me".
The Sooners will be facing Rhode Island in Pittsburgh for the first round of the tournament Thursday.
Oklahoma won just once in February, but its impressive résumé and accomplishments before then is why the Sooners are still a legitimate NCAA Tournament threat. If Oklahoma wins on Friday, it will play the victor of No. 4 Texas A&M and No. 13 Drake. They've yet to win a road game in 2018.
- NCAA snubs USC, Notre Dame highlight NIT field
- Stephen Curry sprained his ankle for the second time in a week
- Statue Vandalism - Tripura, Tamil Nadu and now Bengal, Politics stooped new low
- Florida governor signs gun restrictions three weeks after attack
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: Barcelona clash all about our character
- Jake Arrieta signs multi-year deal with Phillies
- Pro-Kurdish Demonstrators Clash With Turkish Supporters, German Police At Duesseldorf Airport
- Trump tariffs: European Union wants clarity on exemption
- University Hospitals increases security at fertility clinic after embryo freezer malfunctions
- Raiders Free Agency: CB Richard Sherman visiting 49ers