The woman was behind the wheel of a white Volvo sedan heading downhill on Ninth Street towards Fifth Avenue at 12:41 pm, when she allegedly ran a red light and slammed into the women and children, according to witnesses.
Witnesses say a while vehicle was speeding up to make it through a traffic light when the woman and her kids were getting off a bus.
After the crash, the driver, who suffers from a range of maladies, reportedly claimed she was having a seizure at the time her auto hit the pedestrians.
Two other people were treated at the scene, fire officials said.
"Truly the worst nightmare imaginable". The victims were 2 and 4, according to reports.
A fifth pedestrian, a 46-year-old man, was also struck during the incident and brought to the hospital in stable condition, police say. "Unimaginably awful", he said on Twitter.
The FDNY had previously said one adult was in critical condition.
And upon her arrival, the good Samaritan said she was shocked to find her aunt - who lives in Red Hook - there, not as a victim, but comforting the pregnant victim as she lie injured in the street.
Lander said the pregnant woman, who was also hit, is the children's mother.
Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams confirmed that the pregnant woman was the mother of the two children who were killed. "I send my deepest condolences to the victims' family".
It appears they didn't sustain severe injuries because they weren't taken to the hospital.
- Guillermo del Toro Wins First Oscar, Champions Erasing 'Line in the Sand'
- Kent homes without water after pipes burst
- Apple could release new high-end headphones this year
- First BJP-IPFT govt likely to take oath on March 8
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Leaked by Retailer
- Neymar leaves hospital after surgery
- Opioid overdoses increasing in US
- Nothing was around before the origin of the universe: Stephen Hawking
- Man City Edge Closer To Title With Win Over Chelsea
- Sharma holds his nerve, and lead, in Mexico