Stephen Curry's injured right ankle continues to be a concern for the Golden State Warriors, and head coach Steve Kerr says addressing the issue is the team's top priority heading into the postseason.
The Golden State Warriors - playing short-handed - lost their first game since the All-Star break on Friday at Portland.
In 26 games career games against the Wolves, Curry is averaging 23.7 points, 8.0 rebounds and 4.8 rebounds per game. Curry missed much of the 2011-12 season after suffering an injury after having ankle surgery, which led many to question the Warriors' decision signing Curry to a $44 million extension in 2012. The two-time MVP originally suffered the injury on December 4 and sat out 11 games, but Thursday marked the fourth time he has had a known issue with it.
"I think we've done a great job of being sharp in practices and when we go in the film room, we've been taking our game seriously - not that we haven't all season, but I think lately it's just a different level of focus".
Golden State is 51-14, now in second in the Western Conference behind the Houston Rockets.
"We have to do a better job of just getting it to everybody and making sure we're sharp so that we don't have dry possessions like that in the fourth quarter", San Antonio's Danny Green said after the game (ESPN). "It becomes a more methodical game". West (right arm cyst) and Iguodala (left wrist sprain) are with the team but missed Friday's loss.
Damian Lillard scores 28 points to power the Portland Trail Blazers.
Golden State drops to 11-5 without Stephen Curry on the floor for the season with the loss.
Warriors fans have faced an unexpected problem in recent years. His rebound and assist totals were team highs.
"When you're sitting courtside you kind of think you're Teflon - you can say or do whatever - but the ref caught him", Durant said. "I probably shouldn't have said anything in the first place".
- Tottenham Hotspur Close To Winning Trophy Says Convinced Former England Striker
- France have beaten England - Ireland are the 2018 Six Nations champions
- 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli Sentenced to Seven Years for Defrauding Investors
- "Windows 10 S" Changes From New OS To Upgrade, Says Microsoft
- Meghan Markle's heartwarming words to budding 10-year-old actress
- Raiders Free Agency: CB Richard Sherman visiting 49ers
- Florida governor signs gun restrictions three weeks after attack
- Trump tariffs: European Union wants clarity on exemption
- Eugene Airport will offer new nonstop flight to San Diego
- West Ham boss Moyes confirms Hart recall