"This is some sort of nonsense", Putin maintained over Kelly's protests.
Russian interference continues to loom over the USA, with CIA Director Mike Pompeo and two other intelligence officials warning, "The 2018 US midterm elections are a potential target for Russian influence operations".
That's according to investigative reporters Michael Isikoff and David Corn's new book, "Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump". So what. I don't care.
"You couldn't care less?!?" "I couldn't care less".
He added that Russian Federation and the United States should sit down and talk things over in order to get them straight, according to a Kremlin transcript of the interview.
"Maybe they are not even Russians, but Ukrainians, Tatars or Jews, but with Russian citizenship, which should also be checked", he told NBC.
"Maybe they have dual citizenship or a green card, maybe the US paid them for this". He famously mused that Russia's Western counterparts didn't want to listen to Moscow's objections back then, but that now they'll have no choice other than to listen and pay attention to what his country thinks about this issue, which will hopefully compel them into a new round of negotiations and deal-making aimed at securing peace. How can you know that?
Watch the clip above, via NBC.
America's leading intelligence agencies concluded previous year that Putin himself had directed a broad intelligence effort to influence the USA election to undermine Clinton's campaign and boost Trump's chances, but Trump has repeatedly denied colluding with Moscow.
"Could anyone really believe that Russian Federation, thousands of miles away, influenced the outcome of the election?"
Putin declined to say whether he could pardon Navalny. We don't see what goal we can reach by doing something like that. Putin asked NBC News' Megyn Kelly of the Mueller charges against 13 Russians and three Kremlin companies.
Instead, Putin said, the U.S. should sign a cybersecurity pact with Russian Federation if it wanted Moscow to look into the matter in earnest.
Mr. Trump has said he blames Obama for failing to address Russian meddling attempts when he was in office.
"It's all the same to me", Putin answered, according to the Russian-language interview transcript posted by the Kremlin earlier today.
- Williams and Azarenka make winning returns to WTA tour at Indian Wells
- Voicemail-like video messages are coming to Duo
- Raiders Free Agency: CB Richard Sherman visiting 49ers
- Meghan Markle's heartwarming words to budding 10-year-old actress
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk weighs in on Trump trade battle with China
- Eugene Airport will offer new nonstop flight to San Diego
- Apple scraps iTunes LP format
- One dead in 'accidental' Alabama school shooting
- Stephen Curry tweaks right ankle again, ruled out against Spurs
- Britain and Saudi Arabia target 65 billion pound trade and investment ties