"After entering in your destination, you'll notice a yellow question mark "?" icon at the bottom right of the app's screen.
Once you tap "Let's-a-go!" your position within turn-by-turn navigation will be represented by Mario.
You can use the Mario Kart animation as an optional Mario-themed Easter egg, and why wouldn't you want to? Google also encourages you to take a screenshot of your trip and share it with them on Twitter and Instagram. It could just be for today and tomorrow, March 10th, or longer (here's hoping).
Back in 2014, Google teamed up with Nintendo to hide Pokemon across Maps. "He'll be a constant companion wherever you're driving this week-to work, to school, or the spaghetti house". There aren't many details available for Mario Kart Tour at the moment, but this feature does open up some fascinating possibilities regarding how Global Positioning System can be utilized to allow mobile Mario Kart players to race on real-world streets or utilize some other kind of AR features.
There won't be any red shell throwing or bananas along the route, so if you're leading the pack then you don't need to worry about a surprise spiny shell at all.
This isn't the first time Google has had a little fun with Google Maps, as you may recall.
- Man accused of stealing Frances McDormand's Best Actress Oscar pleads not guilty
- Gandhi statue vandalised at Taliparamba
- Ireland comes first, and no financial services, Tusk tells UK
- Michael B Jordan offers to replace fan's retainer
- Bears CB Kyle Fuller off the market for Raiders
- Wednesday forecast: sunny and windy, high 50
- Cyclones surrounding Jupiter's poles are unlike anything else encountered in solar system
- 3 takeaways for Broncos from 2018 National Football League combine
- States warned of mumps exposure at national cheerleading competition
- Jane Doe Powerball Winner Wants to Give $50 Million to Charity