This week, news came out that she's suing the New Hampshire Lottery Commission to "maintain her privacy and to have the trustee of a designated trust be the public face of the winning ticket". "While we don't know the winner's identity, we do know that her heart is in the right place". Jane Doe was the 11th Powerball jackpot victor in New Hampshire history - and her massive payout is the biggest in state history.
Representatives of a New Hampshire woman who won a $559.7 million Powerball jackpot and wants to remain anonymous are accepting the prize on her behalf and announcing plans for a major donation to nonprofits.
"We are tremendously happy for our victor and we wish her and her family all the best". From the AP: A New Hampshire woman who won a Powerball jackpot worth almost $560 million plans to give as much as $50 million to charity as a legal fight to keep her identity private proceeds, her lawyers said Wednesday.
A New Hampshire woman who won $560 million in the Powerball lottery from a ticket she bought at a store in the Reeds Ferry section of Merrimack, New Hampshire got a wire transfer for her winnings, but her legal bid to remain unidentified is not yet resolved. Lawson's jackpot holds the record for the largest Lottery prize ever won in MI.
New Hampshire lottery rules require the winner's name, town and amount won be available for public information, in accordance with open-records laws and to increase trust in the lottery system.
In 2015, Craigory Burch Jr., the victor of a $434,272 jackpot in Georgia, was killed in his home by seven masked men who kicked in his front door.
Horror stories of lottery winners whose luck ran out litter the internet.
The winning ticket for the January 6 drawing was purchased at Reed's Ferry Market in Merrimack.
- Broadcom pledges $1.5 billion fund to salvage Qualcomm deal
- Trump 'basically going to war' with California, Jerry Brown says
- CDC: Increases in Opioid-Involved Overdoses in All Five US Regions
- Gattuso has restored AC Milan's identity - Shevchenko
- Here's the mugshot for Nashville Mayor Megan Barry, who resigned Tuesday
- Kenya: Rex Tillerson Mourns and Lauds Kenya on Eve of Africa Visit
- Robert Mueller Demanding all Documents that Mention Trump
- CM Naidu asks TDP ministers to resign from Modi cabinet
- Mark Cuban Denies Accusation of Sexual Assault from 2011 Case
- Wednesday forecast: sunny and windy, high 50