The Gunners head into the UEFA Europa League last-16 clash with the Rossoneri on the back of four consecutive defeats, which included back-to-back losses against Manchester City and most recently a 2-1 defeat against Brighton. The Italians had gone 10 games without losing between these defeats. This is the first time Arsenal have lost four games consecutively since 2002. "We have won a game, we are not qualified".
Arsene Wenger will be without Nacho Monreal in defence as the Spaniard continues to recover from a back injury, while Alexandre Lacazette and Santi Cazorla are long-term absentees. While Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is eligible due to him appearing for Dortmund earlier in the competition.
He has transformed their season since replacing the sacked Vincenzo Montella in November, leading them on a 13-match unbeaten run and giving them faint hope of climbing into Serie A's European qualification places. Gennaro Gattuso has been a revolution since he took charge of a club where he had so much success as a player.
It was the first goal Milan had conceded in 599 minutes and they should really have been punished further, with Danny Welbeck shooting straight at Donnarumma one-on-one and Mkhitaryan clipping the crossbar with the goal at his mercy.
Arsenal ease pressure on Wenger. Image Getty
It seemed justified as they pinned Arsenal back in the opening few minutes - but that was as hard as it got for the Gunners.
Former Arsenal defender Keown was full of praise for Ramsey after the Wales global helped the Gunners keep their Europa League and Champions League aspirations alive. Arsene Wenger's men now sit in sixth place 13 points adrift from tottenham in fourth.
This looks the tie of the round as both sides look to get one step closer to Europa League glory.
- CDC: Increases in Opioid-Involved Overdoses in All Five US Regions
- Broadcom pledges $1.5 billion fund to salvage Qualcomm deal
- SC stays J&K probe into Army firing, deaths in Shopian
- CM Naidu asks TDP ministers to resign from Modi cabinet
- Man accused of stealing Frances McDormand's Best Actress Oscar pleads not guilty
- Neymar leaves hospital after surgery
- League tourneys will impact NCAA basketball seedings
- Wednesday forecast: sunny and windy, high 50
- Michael B Jordan offers to replace fan's retainer
- France's Le Drian says more work needed with Iran over ballistics