"Game Night" opened in second place with $16.6 million.
It's also the fourth film to cross USD100 million in its second weekend.
"Black Panther" is on course to become one of the highest-grossing blockbusters in history.
By Sunday, Black Panther's domestic cume will be almost $400 million and well north of $600 million globally. Internationally the film opened to an additional $5 million. Honestly I would be curious to see what might happen if Blade and Black Panther were to come out at the same time.
What's more, only "The Force Awakens" has enjoyed a better second weekend than "Black Panther". For the second week in a row, the Marvel comic book flick is the No. 1 movie in the world and is still breaking records. "It has become a cultural phenomenon". The Avengers earned $103.1 million in its second outing.
"However, Black Panther and The Force Awakens are both films to drop by $94 million between weekends, effectively avoiding the categorization using the industry analysts' term, "$100-million-loser's club".
Till then, Black Panther is likely to continue its reign at the box office. No other marquee superhero tentpole has played to such a diverse audience.
We believe T'challa has the power.
Its global take is now more than US$700 million.
Directed by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, the story follows a couple whose regular game night with friends suddenly turns into a real-life murder mystery. The comedy, which received a B+ CinemaScore, skewed notably older, with only 14 percent of ticketbuyers age 25 and younger.
The Natalie Portman-starring Annihilation finished with a somewhat unimpressive $11 million in fourth place, but could benefit from decent word-of-mouth to gain some traction in the coming weeks. The movie, earning a poor C CinemaScore, made headlines late a year ago when Paramount and Skydance, partners on the movie, sold off worldwide rights to Netflix.
- Bachelor Nation Is Crushing on Becca's Ex-Boyfriend So Hard
- South Africa took calculated risks, says Kohli
- Karachi Kings continue Zalmi chase for victory
- Zidane, Valverde Condemn Violence After Killing Of Policeman In Bilbao
- RBS sees first annual profit since 2007
- Severed Head Of Missing Woman Found In American Tourist's Suitcase
- Hands on: Nokia 8 Sirocco review
- California Democrats Stun Dianne Feinstein in State Convention Shocker
- Kylie Jenner receives Ferrari as 'push present'
- Dana White teases Brock Lesnar's UFC return with cryptic social media post