The keeper, who also recorded his 200th league clean sheet, looked as surprised as the home fans on a day when thousands stayed at home.
Watford benefitted from a penalty decision against the Gunners, and won the match with a last-minute Tom Cleverley goal, and Deeney revelled in the victory afterwards. But, I would like to personally congratulate him for a remarkable achievement. He shows a huge level of intelligence.
Discussing his penalty save, Cech added: "Sometimes you just have that feeling and today I felt it was going to be the right moment".
"The highlights were Petr Cech saving the penalty", before he added: "You can not be a sportsman without pride". "Yes, it plays a part".
"We took 18 games to get to nine clean sheets, I got to 199 and then had to wait 11 games to get another clean sheet", said the Czech.
However, Ozil wouldn't be denied his 50th EPL assist for long.
Wenger made six changes to the side that beat AC Milan on Thursday night in the San Siro.
"We have to work on that, we know that, and we have been trying to do that so, hopefully, we will be able to show signs of that togetherness soon".
"I wanted to absolutely win this game, it was hard, but it gets us out of that negative spirit that we were in".
Arsenal controlled possession until the end of the game to secure a 3-0 win that leaves them sixth, 12 points behind fourth-placed Liverpool.
"Overall it gets us out of the negative spiral we were in". The North Londoners looked nearly unrecognisable from their game against Brighton last week, but they'll have a long way to go before they're back in their fans' good books, and their inconsistency will no doubt be the cause of much frustration. We had a nightmare week. "I don't know how much negativity is out there, I focus on my job", said Wenger.
"Because I want our fans to behind the team and be happy".
- British Soldiers Aid Police in Poisoning Probe
- Syria Army Continues to Make Gains against Militants in Ghouta
- Trump tariffs: European Union wants clarity on exemption
- Waffle House worker captured in act of kindness
- University Hospitals increases security at fertility clinic after embryo freezer malfunctions
- 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli Sentenced to Seven Years for Defrauding Investors
- Eugene Airport will offer new nonstop flight to San Diego
- India's top court upholds passive euthanasia with guidelines: chief justice
- Woods comes up just short as Casey wins Valspar Championship
- Stephen Curry sprained his ankle for the second time in a week