The newest version of the time-tested VLC media player has arrived carrying some stonking new features. While VLC is open source, this part of it isn't; Tom's Hardware reports that VideoLAN explained it "used Google's official closed-source SDK to build out the feature, which prevents it from releasing the source". You can download VLC from the Play Store (at the below widget), the Amazon App Store, or VideoLAN's website. The new update also brings support for Blu-ray Java menus, 360-degree video playback, 3D audio, HDR, HDR tone-mapping, and more.
Adds support for numerous new formats and codecs, including WebVTT, TTML, HQX, CEA-708, Cineform, and many more. Having said that, the developers had to work rigorously to add this new feature and VLC Android developer Geoffrey Métais has further explained that the hard part about Chromecast support was converting local media files to play nice with Google's preferred format. If the media codec you're trying to play is natively supported by the Chromecast, your device will only act as a streaming server. You can turn any Android device into ... This also brings HDR10 support, deinterlacing, and chroma upscaling using Direct3D 11 in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
VLC 3.0 enables hardware decoding using APIs native to the platform. Further Chromecast support will only work on Android and Chromebooks for now.
Supports Dex for Samsung's Android devices and other keyboard-driven devices, in addition to complete Oreo support and playlists. There were other challenges as well, like the above-mentioned media encoding feature.
With version 3.0 of VLC installed, you can now cast local content found on your Android device.
There's also improvements to Fast Seek when scrubbing through Videos and fixes for subtitles not loading.
- Modi to meet Palestine president Mahmoud Abbas today
- Australia restricts England to 7-137 in T20 at MCG
- German SPD Leader Turns Down Foreign Minister Post in New Cabinet
- Interserve (LON:IRV) Earns Buy Rating from Peel Hunt
- Did Celtics Explore Trade For Blake Griffin Or DeAndre Jordan?
- Bank of England: Bank Rate Maintained At 0.50
- Apple HomePod Launches With Big Sound-and Even Bigger Questions
- Generic drugs giant Teva warns on 2018 citing United States market
- Tata Tiago Electric, Tata Tigor Electric debuts at 2018 Auto Expo
- Why Tottenham are the favorites against Arsenal at Wembley