The weather agency says up to 10 millimetres of freezing rain is expected for those areas this weekend.
Freezing rain warnings are issued when rain falling in sub-zero temperatures creates ice build-up and icy surfaces.
A spokesperson for the city's road operations division told CBC Toronto that 300 snow plows, 600 roadside plows and 200 salt trucks can be deployed to clean up the streets after the snow and freezing rain.
The forecast is calling for snow transitioning into ice pellets and then into freezing rain come Sunday morning and continuing throughout the day.
Environment Canada also warned that highways, roads, sidewalks and parking lots will become icy and slippery and that drivers and pedestrians should take care.
Freezing rain will persist for several hours before changing back to light snow Sunday afternoon. "Watch for taillights ahead and maintain a safe following distance", the weather warning reads.
Monday should be sunny, with a high of -5 C, followed by a chilly overnight low of -18 C.
- VLC 3.0 Vetinari is out, 3 years in the making
- Interserve (LON:IRV) Earns Buy Rating from Peel Hunt
- Australia restricts England to 7-137 in T20 at MCG
- Apple HomePod Launches With Big Sound-and Even Bigger Questions
- Israel raids inside Syria since 2013
- Drones grounded at opening ceremony, but not on tape delay
- Jammu Military camp assault: JeM terrorists injure three armymen, soldier's daughter
- EPL: Liverpool spank Saints, climb up to third
- Bank of England: Bank Rate Maintained At 0.50
- Tata Tiago Electric, Tata Tigor Electric debuts at 2018 Auto Expo