A 22-year-old student, Chandan Gupta, died in the clashes that took place on a day the country was celebrating the Republic day whereas Mohammad Akram who was attacked during the clashes lost his eye sight. Police teams led by Inspector General (IG) Sanjeev Gupta raided some houses in Baddu Nagar and picked up four suspects for interrogation.
Saleem is the eleventh person to be arrested in connection with the murder case. "In Kasganj, there was no communal clash", he said. The police and administration controlled the situation immediately, District Magistrate RP Singh told reporters. District authorities, meanwhile, stopped a Congress delegation in Mirhachi area of Etah, close to Kasganj border.
A video showing several men brandishing swords, pistols, iron rods and sticks on a street of violence-hit Kasganj surfaced today. He also said that there was no violence after evening on Republic Day though there have been stray incidents where some mischief makers tried to torch some vehicles or vacant wooden kiosks. Clashes broke out and shots were fired. The UP Government has also been asked to provide details of the steps taken to punish the culprits, an official said. Another police report said that for showing the facts of Friday's violence, senior journalists of Kasganj and also of a national electronic media based in Lucknow, were threatened by some Hindu activist group.
Unidentified miscreants had pelted the motorcycle rally with stones.
A day after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath warned of stringent action against those behind the communal clashes in Kasganj, security personnel mounted their patrolling in sensitive areas to instill confidence among people shaken by the recent violence.
A Peace Committee has been formed by the district administration. Singh was sent to Police Training School, Meerut, in the same rank, they said.
- Explainer: Why Washington Is Inflamed Over the Russia Probe Memo
- EA Confirms Battlefront II Will Reintroduce Monetisation Scheme
- Conte, Mancini, Ancelotti, Ranieri
- Russian spy chiefs met in Washington with Central Intelligence Agency director to discuss counterterrorism
- Quiksilver CEO Pierre Agnes missing in Atlantic
- Second The Making Of Monster Hunter
- Tillerson embraces Latin America before visit
- Fox Reportedly Nearing TV Rights Deal for NFL's Thursday Night Football Games
- Hamann questions Klopp's Liverpool: You need to win something
- Groundhog Day: 5 freakish things you don't know about this quirky tradition