That clip - a Lonely Island-produced digital short that had Portman confessing her most scandalous behaviors to an increasingly-concerned Chris Parnell - was an honest-to-God SNL classic, the kind of viral sketch that comes along only once in a blue moon.
"I was going through a really weird time then", the Hollywood star said this time around.
When the interviewer told her that the recent Star Wars movies were "much better" than the ones she was in, she appeared in full Queen Amidala makeup.
On Saturday's show, it was "bad Portman" all over again, rapping about slipping tranquilisers in her wine and using Peruvian hallucinogenic drugs.
Cut to Portman dressed as Queen Amidala, holding a gun to a fan and asking: "Say something about the motherf****** prequels, b****!".
Her R-rated reaction features a lot of bleeped-out swear words and a fuzzed-out glimpse of Jar Jar Binks' anatomy.
"Do you think those Time's Up pins have had the impact you were hoping for?"
"How's that for impact?"
In the sketch, Natalie's El meets other special kids like her who have powers.
The skit's genius is two-fold: first, in that it smartly plays on the subtle and often laughable nuances of the '80s-themed sci-fi show, and second, in that the SNL writers chose to lean into the recent Twitter conversations comparing the physical similarities between Portman and Stranger Things' Eleven, Millie Bobby Brown.
"Say something 'bout the motherfucking prequels, bitch", Portman dared, referencing certain online opinions that the "Star Wars" prequels, which she starred in, were not as good as the ones to follow.
- Iranian women take off headscarves to protest hijab
- Padman Challenge wraps bollywood; Are you ready for it too?
- Girl shooter injures two at Los Angeles middle school
- USA calls for new nuclear weapons as Russian Federation develops nuclear-armed torpedo
- Fallen Kingdom' Jeep Super Bowl Ad Stars Jeff Goldblum
- Home windows 10 Lastly Extra Widespread Than Home windows 7 Worldwide: StatCounter
- Punxsutawney Phil Sees His Shadow, Winter Will Forge On
- Lauda: How stupid can they be?
- Man who sold bullets to Vegas shooter charged
- President Trump to pull nomination of top environmental adviser