Carragher agreed with the German tactician's assessment and is convinced that a lack of pre-season has held the 26-year-old back in terms of reaching his optimum physical state.
The January signing has made three appearances so far, scoring a late victor on his debut against Everton and since featuring in the defeats to Swansea City and West Bromwich Albion.
"It's quite hard. Our defending is different to Southampton, for example, and Holland, if you want, so that's why it makes more sense that you get used to it".
Also added is new record signing Virgil van Dijk, with the Dutchman's influence crucial if Liverpool are to go far in the competition.
It's become clear that Van Dijk's arrival will not be the instant solution to all of Liverpool's defensive problems.
"Against Everton he was outstanding, against Swansea he was good and he was involved in the biggest chances we had".
"It's what we expect, he has lots to do and work on".
"Yes, we could have done something", he told reporters, as quoted from Goal.
"When he came here was not 100 per cent match fit because he had a long injury". So, it has not been a consistent season [for him].
He said that Liverpool therefore had "the opportunity" to start Lovren and Matip after the former had been "ill before", noting that the duo were "two completely fit players". It's really not a big thing, three games is like not being injured. "You miss a player for a week and you think "OK, we need another player", he is quoted by the Birmingham Mail.
"They have the most similar game to [Manchester] City, not the same but similar".
He is expected to return to the starting XI when Liverpool host Tottenham at Anfield this weekend.
- Polar bears could become extinct faster than was feared, study says
- Jaguar I-Pace will be officially revealed on 1 March
- Budget 2018: Excise duty on petrol, diesel cut; Relief to vehicle owners
- Justice Dept. files to dismiss charges against Sen. Bob Menendez
- New easyJet boss takes salary cut as airline reveals gender pay gap
- Arab FMs urge UN-led 'mechanism' for Palestine peace process
- Syria May Be Making New Types Of Chemical Weapons, US Officials Say
- Medical admission scam: No judicial work for Allahabad HC judge
- Tillerson embraces Latin America before visit
- Battle for Azeroth releases this summer