The Kremlin has repeatedly denied accusations by US intelligence officials and others of interfering in foreign elections, including the 2016 USA vote. Numerous investigations are underway to determine whether Trump's campaign aided the Kremlin in its efforts.
Bush, the son of the 41st U.S. President George H.W. Bush, was the head of the U.S. government when the U.S. and its allies invaded Iraq in 2003 and toppled the Arab country's President Saddam Hussein.
Regarding Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is suspected of knowing or guiding the cyber attacks during the election, Bush said he "does not think how both sides can win, but always thinks how to win and the other side to lose ".
"The Russian government has made a project of turning Americans against each other", Bush said during a forum in NY in October.
Trump has repeatedly denied any collusion with Russian Federation.
"The reason he does is because the demise of the Soviet Union troubles him".
Bush also said that the United States needs to reform its immigration law, reports AP. "That's why North Atlantic Treaty Organisation is very important", Bush added.
"Our system is broken but we've got to fix it".
Separately, Bush also seemed to depart from Trump's hard-line policies on immigration, saying some immigrants are "willing to do jobs that Americans won't do".
Bush was speaking at a summit organized by the Milken Institute, a Santa Monica, California-based think tank. He agreed in a settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission to a lifetime ban from the securities industry and paid a $200 million fine. Forbes magazine estimates that Milken, 71, is now worth $3.6 billion.
- Trade deficit hits highest level since 2008
- Allardyce 'angry' by Everton surrender at Arsenal
- Israeli Minister Holds Iran Responsible for Syria, Lebanon Strikes
- Someone Broke Into Gronk's Home While He Was At The Super Bowl
- Ex-USA Gymnastics doc gets up to 125 more years in jail
- Under pressure, South Africa's leader warns of "fake" news
- Queues, protests as North Korean orchestra performs in South
- Did Celtics Explore Trade For Blake Griffin Or DeAndre Jordan?
- Georgia looking to add to impressive 2018 recruiting class
- Colts have a new coach in Patriots' Josh McDaniels