One of the biggest storylines heading into deadline day is the potential trade between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Clippers that would send All-Star center DeAndre Jordan to Cleveland to help LeBron and Co. contend for a title.
Jordan could become a free agent in July, which would make any deal more problematic. A package of Marcin Gortat, Jason Smith (perhaps heading to a third team), Kelly Oubre and a first-round pick has always been my favorite realistic Jordan package.
Tom Withers, Associated Press writer for the Cavaliers, posted a response on Twitter from a Cavs player when asked how much DeAndre could help them. "Teams that are interested in Jordan are hesitant to acquire him under those circumstances, according to the executives", he continued. Finally, Jordan's expiring contract was appealing to teams looking to clear cap space. Jordan would be one of the top players available, but it's unclear if teams will be willing to top the $24 million per year that he would make next season. He's an elite rebounder and finisher around the basket, but possesses few of the other skills teams around the National Basketball Association covet in players - shooting, passing, the ability to maneuver off the dribble.
As for Jordan, the assumption has been the Clippers will seriously consider trading the talented big man, especially after dealing away Griffin. Of course, the Cavaliers own the Brooklyn Nets' first-round draft pick this year courtesy of the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade with the Boston Celtics, but Cleveland has appeared reluctant to part with the selection. The Clippers said no.
- Polish President Approves Controversial Holocaust Bill
- Nassar sentenced to another 40 to 125 years for abuse of gymnasts
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI) Posts Weaker-Than-Expected Q4 Revenue
- Queues, protests as North Korean orchestra performs in South
- Call of Duty Black Ops 4 coming in 2018, key sources say
- British hacker Lauri Love wins fight against extradition to US
- North Korean cheerleading 'army of beauties' arrives at Olympics
- Spec Comparison: Huawei Mate 10 vs Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Escaped LeT militant's picture with Hizb militant goes viral
- Trade deficit hits highest level since 2008