Speaking to reporters, Fabbricini while ruling out Roberto Mancini's appointment, said, "Mancini was in Rome but we didn't contact him, Conte seems eager to wear Azzurro again, Ancelotti opens and closes the door and Ranieri isn't out either".
Fabbricini said former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini, now in charge of Zenit St Petersburg, Carlo Ancelotti, who is available after being sacked by Bayern Munich, and Nantes coach Claudio Ranieri, who led Leicester City to the Premier League title in 2016, were also candidates.
"We immediately invested in Costacurta [pictured], who will choose the new CT, a charismatic Coach who knows our football, and the names you've read all come under this description", he told Radio Crc.
After weeks of speculation, Chelsea finally brought in a forward but it doesn't seem like the rumours will go away now that the transfer window is shut.
FIGC vice-commissioner Alessandro Costacurta indicated that he will fly to England to begin negotiations of Conte for the role.
Former AC Milan great Costacurta was named as one of two deputy commissioners to work alongside Fabbricini. Ventura then even had the cheek to not resign, forcing the Football Federation (FIGC) to sack him and give him his severance check.
"I don't know why [I have been linked]".
He played 59 times for Italy and finished runner-up at the 1994 World Cup.
But Blues boss Conte, who managed the Azzurri immediately before arriving at Stamford Bridge, said he has no intention of leaving west London because he has 18 months remaining on the three-year deal he signed ahead of last season's Premier League title-winning campaign.
- Syria May Be Making New Types Of Chemical Weapons, US Officials Say
- Tillerson embraces Latin America before visit
- Hamann questions Klopp's Liverpool: You need to win something
- Yemen's War Within a War: What Does New Fighting Mean?
- Turkish Air Force bombs airport near Syria's Afrin
- British prime minister to visit China on January 31
- Jaguar I-Pace will be officially revealed on 1 March
- Groundhog Day: 5 freakish things you don't know about this quirky tradition
- Arab FMs urge UN-led 'mechanism' for Palestine peace process
- Budget 2018: Excise duty on petrol, diesel cut; Relief to vehicle owners