Star Philadelphia point guard Simmons was thought a chance to be called up after Washington's Wall was sidelined from the February 18 showpiece game with a knee injury.
Tuesday, he was snubbed for All-Star spot.
The league announced today that commissioner Adam Silver has selected Drummond as the replacement.
After the reserves - voted on by National Basketball Association coaches - were announced last week, Drummond felt that he was snubbed, as they selected Kristaps Porzingis, Al Horford and Kevin Love from the Eastern Conference.
When Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond found out he was not selected as an NBA All-Star, he took to social media to express his frustration.
Drummond is having a fine season for a Pistons team that is now poised to make a run to the playoffs after acquiring Blake Griffin in a trade yesterday from the L.A. Clippers. Though Brown has improved a lot from his first campaign in the Association, Kyrie Irving and Al Horford are the undisputed first and second options respectively in Boston's offense, while rookie Jayson Tatum is a much more reliable scoring threat.
Simmons is averaging 16.6 points, 7.3 rebounds and 7.9 assists in one of the most remarkable rookie seasons in recent history. He's averaging 14.1 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 31.5 minutes per game. The chosen player will then play for Team Lebron in the all-star game. James and Westbrook are also the only two players to do that for a full season at all in the last 10 years.
- Hamann questions Klopp's Liverpool: You need to win something
- Tillerson embraces Latin America before visit
- Jaguar I-Pace will be officially revealed on 1 March
- Second person of interest emerges after judge unseals Las Vegas shooting records
- Giroud relishes Champions League action with Chelsea
- Putin sorry for not 'shielding' Russia athletes from doping scandal
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Active SM-G892U & SM-G892A gets Wi-Fi Certification
- Second The Making Of Monster Hunter
- Daley Blind negotiating move to AS Roma
- Spotify Launches New App Featuring Its Most Popular Playlists