The company just took the wraps off Drive Xavier: an incredibly powerful system-on-a-chip (SoC) meant to power the next generation of autonomous vehicles. This is all part of NVIDIA's wider strategy for putting AI into cars, so that computers will one day completely drive you around, or provide you with safe and accurate info should you want to drive yourself.
Volkswagen CEO Herbert Diess joined Huang on stage to highlight the new VW I.D. Buzz, a prototype electric vehicle that Volkswagon hopes will cement its place as a market leader for AI computing in cars. "Autonomous driving, zero tailpipe emission mobility and digital networking are virtually impossible without advances in AI and deep learning".
"In just a few years, every new vehicle should have AI assistants for voice, gesture and facial recognition as well as augmented reality", said Nvidia founder and CEO Jensen Huang. China's Baidu and ZF have both committed to using the Nvidia Drive Xavier for their self-driving cars.
Charlie Nash is a reporter for Breitbart Tech.
For Nvidia, autonomous driving and a leadership position means more use cases for its GPUs, which are used for high-performance computing as well as the cloud. The technology will enable intelligent co-pilot capabilities based on processing sensor data, both inside and outside the vehicle.
The unit is set to deliver over 30 trillion operations per second while consuming 30 watts of power, and is intended for use in self-driving cars.
In reaction, Wall Street's top analyst B.Riley FBR analyst Craig Ellis reiterated a Buy rating on Nvidia shares, with a price target of $270, which represents a potential upside of 22% from where the stock is now trading.
On the other hand, the Drive AR is a geared move and is created to merge computer vision, computer graphics and AI to operate augmented reality interfaces in the vehicle. As of now, Nvidia is working with 25 customers who are already using Pegasus to power their self-driving Robotaxi fleet.
- Vikings will play Panthers-Saints victor in divisional round
- Four policemen killed in Sopore IED blast
- Packers promoting Gutekunst to be next GM
- Pakistan Rejects Trump's Criticism, Says It Can't Be Blamed for 'Collective Failure'
- Cold weather to last through weekend
- NDSU ends JMU 26-game winning streak for sixth FCS Championship
- Tamil Nadu Transport Minister appeals to bus employees
- Streep, other celebs to bring activists as Golden Globe guests
- Salah - footballer of the year in Africa
- Brad Pitt Bid $120000 to Watch 'Game of Thrones' With Emilia Clarke