All of this was established before the Knights went out and beat the Auburn Tigers, staking a legitimate claim to the title.
The Knights finished their season 13-0, sealing perfection with a 34-27 win against Auburn on January 1 in the Peach Bowl at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. "How about a home and home series with UCF?"
Thirty-seven fans of the team raised $1,665 on a GoFundMe page to pay for a digital billboard ad that reads, "Congratulations Alabama".
The rankings rewarded UCF for being the only undefeated team in the country, and some of UCF's wins rank out better in the Colley Matrix than they do in other systems.
But the real reason this is amusing is because it's so upsetting to all the hardos out there who refuse to recognize the fact that UCF had the best season in college football, at least on paper.
While the buzz continues over UCF's National Championship, a new ranking was released that left the Knights in the No. 1 position. Rick Scott issued a proclamation declaring the Knights as national champions as well.
Alabama was voted No. 1 in the final Associated Press college football poll after the Crimson Tide beat Georgia in the national championship game. In the end, it's all in good fun, from one 2017 national champion to another.
- Yankees not out of the Gerrit Cole hunt yet
- The place's the border safety? Texas Republicans blame Trump
- Radiohead Haven't Actually Sued Lana Del Rey, Publishers Say
- Browns hiring Packers executive Eliot Wolf
- Flu season hits early, hard in Texas
- 'Home And Away' Actress Jessica Falkholt Has Life Support Turned Off
- Monaco Boss Claims Thomas Lemar Could Leave In January Amid Arsenal Interest
- U.S. blocks 'security' aid to Pakistan over inaction against Afghan Taliban
- Millie Bobby Brown's surprising new role
- Alligators beat 'bomb cyclone' by freezing themselves in place (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)