Mumbai (Maharashtra), Jan 08 (ANI): A fire broke out in Mumbai Sessions Court premises located at Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Marg on Monday.
This is not the first time the civic body has issued a notice to a Mumbai studio for flouting fire safety norms. By around 8.30 am, the fire brigade managed to bring the blaze under control. No casualties or injuries have been reported so far.
The fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames in the building, which has been accorded a heritage status.
Fire officials said around 100-150 people, said to be crew members of an ongoing shoot in the studio, were successfully evacuated from the spot. The incident comes a day after another fire broke out at the Cinevista Studio in Kanjurmarg area of Mumbai.
Although the studio had fire-fighting equipment installed, it was not functional, said fire officials.
Fire engines outside the Sessions court this morning. This is the sixth incident of fire reported in Mumbai, since the Kamala Mills fire incident on December 29, which claimed 14 lives.
According to reports, proceedings inside the court are expected to be affected as the upper portion of the third floor has been badly affected in the fire. "Nearly 150 people had been evacuated", said deputy chief fire officer Shyam Kharbade.
- Trump postpones his fake "Fake News Awards"
- Jon Gruden's 10-year deal with Raiders to approach $100M
- Salah - footballer of the year in Africa
- Cold weather to last through weekend
- 5 national-level powerlifters killed in road mishap
- NDSU ends JMU 26-game winning streak for sixth FCS Championship
- Tamil Nadu Transport Minister appeals to bus employees
- Arkansas Powerball reaches $570M, Mega Millions at $450M
- HP recalls 50000 laptop batteries globally citing safety issues
- Magnitude 4.4 Earthquake Shakes the Bay Area: USGS