He was the joint-top scorer in the 2018 African World Cup Qualifiers netting five goals and guiding Egypt to their first FIFA World Cup since 1990. "Qualifying for the World Cup after 28 years, and to have a great season with the clubs Rome and Liverpool".
Salah's National team coach Hector Cuper also annexed the African Coach of the year whiles the Egyptian Pharaoh's won the African National team of the Year.
Egyptian football star and Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah has been awarded the African Player of the Year price after achieving success after success during 2017 with Egypt's national team and the Reds.
After 26 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions, Salah has scored 23 goals and registered eight assists.
And after winning the award yesterday, the Egyptian reflected on his impressive year. This is the first year the organisers have also allowed captains to vote for the continent's best player.
"This award is a big award for me ... it's a special moment for me in my career". "I want to dedicate this award to all the kids in Africa and Egypt and tell them never stop dreaming and never stop believing", he went on.
Salah has been a monster infront of goals as his run down the right flank is every defence's worst nightmare. Take a look at some of the action from the 25-year old this season.
The mercurial forward is expected to return in time for Liverpool's league clash against runaway leaders Manchester City at home on Jan 14.
- Tesla Model 3 deliveries fall short, production target delayed again
- Falcons vs. Rams: Odds, Stat Predictions for 2018 NFC Wild-Card Game
- Chiefs collapse late, fall to Titans 22-21 in playoff opener
- Jon Gruden's 10-year deal with Raiders to approach $100M
- More than 100 Sears, Kmart stores to close
- GDP growth estimated at 6.5%
- New LG 4K UHD Projector Launching At CES
- Oakland Raiders sign Jon Gruden as their next head coach
- Magnitude 4.4 Earthquake Shakes the Bay Area: USGS
- Arkansas Powerball reaches $570M, Mega Millions at $450M