Investigators said they are talking with a person of interest, but no arrests have been made.
Barton stressed that police at this point has no reason to believe that the fire was "in any way related to Roy Moore or allegations made against him". "Warrants have not been obtained in this case".
Johnson says she and her family were not injured but got out only with the clothes on their backs, and are having a hard time finding a rental home.
According to Johnson and neighbor Kevin Tallant, other neighbors witnessed a young man who had a history of public intoxication walking around the house before and during the blaze.
"I am devastated, just devastated", Johnson told the news site.
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama called the sexual misconduct allegations 'scurrilous' and 'false'
"I am devastated, just devastated", Johnson told AL.com on Friday.
Al.com reported that the family wasn't hurt as Johnson and her husband were at work and her grandson was at school during the blaze.
Tina Johnson's home in Gadsden, Alabama, went up in flames on Tuesday morning. "But there have been no charges, to my knowledge, related to the fire at this time".
Moore accuser Tina Johnson of Gadsden lost her home Wednesday in a fire that's under investigation by arson specialists in Etowah County.
She and a neighbor say they saw a young man around the house before and during the fire.
"I was so humiliated and sickened", she said.
- Indian held for 'sexually assaulting' woman on U.S. flight
- U.S. suspending more than $255m in security aid to Pakistan
- Paladins Announces Team Based Battle Royale Mode
- Rushing duo carries Bulldogs over Oklahoma in epic Rose Bowl finish
- Women of Hollywood join forces to combat sexual harassment with Time's Up
- Tesla Model 3 deliveries fall short, production target delayed again
- Nine killed in latest crackdown on Iran protests
- Packers already extended Mike McCarthy's contract through 2019 season
- Chelsea 'on brink of signing Ross Barkley from Everton'
- Did North Korean missile hit a city near Pyongyang last April?