Real stay fourth in the standings on 32 points while Barca have 48 although they have played one game more.
"I don't want any player to go from the squad. Even now that we have a bit of difficulty, and because I remember that previous year I did not get these kind of questions", Zidane said during press conference.
'We lose a lot because he's our leader and our captain. At the same time, these are things that happen.
"We do what we can, we try to play good football, score goals and circulate the ball, but it's not happening for us".
Messi was back in the starting line-up after missing the King's Cup draw with Celta Vigo on Thursday and marked his 400th game in La Liga by opening the scoring in the 12th minute, volleying Jordi Alba's cushioned header into the net. "Having said that, like always I'm more interested in what we are going to do tomorrow", the Frenchman added.
Defeat at Girona and goalless stalemates at Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao plunged Madrid into worrying run of away form, although a 3-0 home reverse to fierce rivals Barcelona in their last league outing is likely to have given them the bigger headache over the Christmas period.
Gareth Bale scored twice to cancel out Daniel Wass' opener and give Madrid the lead before half-time.
- Roy Moore accuser loses everything in house fire under investigation for arson
- HP recalls 50000 laptop batteries globally citing safety issues
- Cold weather to last through weekend
- Arkansas Powerball reaches $570M, Mega Millions at $450M
- Pakistan Rejects Trump's Criticism, Says It Can't Be Blamed for 'Collective Failure'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav Gets 3.5 Years Jail Term
- Oakland Raiders sign Jon Gruden as their next head coach
- Monster Hunter World gets a final PS4 beta
- Chiefs collapse late, fall to Titans 22-21 in playoff opener
- U.S. suspending more than $255m in security aid to Pakistan