Speaking to music website Pitchfork, a spokesperson for publisher Warner/Chappell. It's clear that the verses of "Get Free" use musical elements found in the verses of "Creep" and we've requested that this be acknowledged in favor of all writers of Creep'. "So we will deal with it in court". The statement also denies that the band wants 100% of the publishing rights.
Radiohead says LDR's "Get Free" sounds far too similar to their 1993 breakout single "Creep".
It has been reported that the Radiohead team is hoping that the members "either receive compensation or be credited on the list of songwriters to receive royalties", but Lana stated in her tweet that they wanted to receive "100% of the publishing". The band was said to want songwriting credit, money or both.
Subsequently, Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood have a share of the seminal Radiohead track.
"The irony of this is that Radiohead doesn't even completely own "Creep"," he explains.
The song, like the Lust For Life album, features more hopeful and positive themes compared to Lana's previous works but retains the deeply personal lyrics and melancholic tunes she is best known for.
These situation nearly always involve only melodies and chord progressions, and not other elements, less definable, elements of songs, which would open up a whole more lawsuits.
The US star is the latest high-profile artist to be accused of copying someone else's song. with a pair of songwriters after similarities were found between his song Photograph and X Factor victor Matt Cardle's hit incredible.
- Real Madrid loses Ramos for injury
- Ford F-150 diesel aims for 30 mpg at EPA
- See Teacher Get Handcuffed After Criticizing School Superintendent's Raise
- Hardik Pandya has kept us in the game: Cheteshwar Pujara
- 5 national-level powerlifters killed in road mishap
- U.S. blocks 'security' aid to Pakistan over inaction against Afghan Taliban
- Trump postpones his fake "Fake News Awards"
- Israel Bans Entry of NGO Representatives Supporting Boycott
- Did Donald Trump Forget the Words to the National Anthem?
- Bolivia Slams US 'Clumsiness' at UNSC Meeting On Iran Protests