The worst-kept secret in the National Football League is now out in the open as Jon Gruden will be introduced as the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders during a press conference on Tuesday, a move that caught the attention of Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr. Gruden spent seven seasons as the Bucs coach, but was sacked following the 2008 season after a 9-7 season.
Gruden beat the Raiders in the Super Bowl in his first season with the Buccaneers but didn't win another playoff game for Tampa Bay in his final six seasons.
The Raiders fired Jack Del Rio following a 6-10 season as rumors team owner Mark Davis had targeted Gruden to replace Del Rio. There had been multiple reports over the past couple of days linking the Raiders to Gruden, and the rumors continued to swirl last Saturday as the reports intensified.
ALAMEDA The Oakland Raiders have officially hired Jon Gruden as their coach. "The only question is when it happens".
But a few hours and one Chiefs collapse later, it finally was. There had been speculation going on for several years now that Gruden and the Raiders would reunite someday.
The 54-year-old spent seven seasons as the Bucs coach, but was sacked following the 2008 campaign after a 9-7 term. "He has to get used to Jon Gruden being his coach, but also being in his life on an everyday basis..." I'm not in here every day at 4:30 or 4:00 in the morning watching pinball. Not only have you lived up to it, you've enhanced it in your performance here, but I know you're looking forward to getting back to coaching.
- Monster Hunter World gets a final PS4 beta
- Tesla Model 3 deliveries fall short, production target delayed again
- More than 100 Sears, Kmart stores to close
- HP recalls 50000 laptop batteries globally citing safety issues
- Telegram Introduces Multiple Account Switching On Android
- Indian held for 'sexually assaulting' woman on U.S. flight
- Jon Gruden's 10-year deal with Raiders to approach $100M
- Paladins Announces Team Based Battle Royale Mode
- Lalu Prasad Yadav Gets 3.5 Years Jail Term
- Jesse Lingard scores an absolute screamer to help Man United beat Derby