Sears Holdings Corp.is closing more than 100 stores around the country, including the Sears in Rapid City.
Liquidation sales will begin as early as January 12.
Sears Holdings closed almost 400 Sears and Kmart locations in 2017, according to Business Insider. 39 Sears stores are also shutting down, including locations at the Northwest Arkansas Mall in Fayetteville and the Central Mall in Fort Smith.
The Bangor Daily News reports Sears Holdings announced Thursday it's closing its location in the Bangor Mall in April.
It acquired Kmart in 2003 and combined the two stores under Sears Holdings two years later. Macy's closed past year. According to a press release, "eligible associates impacted by these store closures will receive severance and will have the opportunity to apply for open positions at area Kmart or Sears stores".
During the most recent closings, the company shuttered Kmarts in Whitehall and South Whitehall Townships.
- U.S. suspending more than $255m in security aid to Pakistan
- GDP growth estimated at 6.5%
- Paladins Announces Team Based Battle Royale Mode
- All Mariah Carey Wanted For New Years Eve Was Some Tea
- Roy Moore accuser loses everything in house fire under investigation for arson
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Pre-orders to Begin Tomorrow
- Tesla Model 3 deliveries fall short, production target delayed again
- 2 total eclipses of the Moon in 2018
- HMD Global upgrades Nokia 6 smartphone for China launch
- Packers already extended Mike McCarthy's contract through 2019 season