Super moon, on the other hand, happens when the the moon is closest to earth during a full moon.
Stages of the January 31, 2018 "super blue blood moon" (weather permitting) are depicted in Pacific Time with "moonset" times for major cities across the USA, which affect how much of the event viewers will see.
So, the "super blue blood moon" happens when a blue moon passes through Earth's shadow, giving some viewers a total lunar eclipse and as it does so, the moon will turn a reddish hue meaning it is also a blood moon, according to NASA. It is during this time when the moon appears slightly bigger and brighter than the usual full moon, roughly 30 percent brighter and 14 percent bigger.
If you are a regular watcher of the sky, you know there will be a special event at the end of this month.
The event will start in the early hours on January 31 and last into the morning of February 1.
A blue moon occurs about every two and half years, and this term is for the second full moon in a single calendar month.
Although the super blue blood moon will be visible to the naked eye, if you're after some expert commentary to go along with your viewing, join the Dubai Astronomy Group at Al Thuraya Astronomy Center in Mushrif Park.
In the United States, the best view of the eclipse will be along the West Coast.
"So if you live in Kansas City or Chicago, your best viewing will be from about 6:15 until 6:30 a.m.", said Gordon Johnston, program executive and lunar blogger at NASA Headquarters in Washington.
"In addition to the blue moon, it will be a blood moon". Totality lasts a generous 77 minutes, from 4:51 a.m. PT to 6:08 a.m. PT. The eclipse will begin while most people are still in bed at 3:48 a.m.
So, if you are living in Metro Vancouver, you are in for this once in a lifetime treat!
- Abbas urges EU members to 'swiftly' recognize Palestinian state
- Emmanuel Macron's Andrew Marr Interview Has People Swooning
- AAP withdraws plea seeking interim stay on MLAs disqualification
- International Monetary Fund raises Japan's growth forecast to 1.2% on broad-based global recovery
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Strikes Down Pro-GOP Congressional Map As Unconstitutional
- Smith cops shocker as ODI series slips away
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire For Third Consecutive Day Along The LoC
- 15-Year-Old Girl Injured in Shooting at Texas High School
- Mobile tops OpenSignal network tests as AT&T launches new range extender
- Apocalypse DLC Bringing Five Brand New Maps and More to Battlefield 1