We've reviewed OLED 4K HDR TVs here at 4K.com repeatedly and nearly without variation, our analysis of them has been exceptionally positive.
If one goes by the resolution, this will be the highest resolution OLED display and the largest one ever.
That said, LG's television is more notable for its technology and the simple fact that it exists; CES is about practical technology and a little bit of showboating, and LG's 88-inch 8K display is in the latter camp for 99 percent of the people that will get to sit down and take a look.
Having said that, there is no harm in seeing and experience the TV from a distance and as it happens, a lucky few will be able to get a glimpse of the LG 8K OLED TV at the LG Display booth in the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2018 (January 9-12), Las Vegas.
In other words, this experimental new OLED UHD TV is an absolute monster of advanced technology.
Furthermore, the price of LG 8K OLED TV, though not officially announced, will sure not come cheap. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, it's an 88-inch OLED display with 8K resolution. From what we have heard so far, the display boasts 33 million pixels, four times that of 3,840x2,160 ultra high definition and 16 times more pixels than 1,920x1,080 full high definition. Brands like LG, Sony and Panasonic already offer 77-inch TVs. However, Samsung does have an 88-inch TV which features a 2,160p (4K) resolution, HDR, and built-in Wi-Fi.
However, the 8K OLED TV will not be hitting stores anytime soon, as the company is expected wait it out for 8K resolution content to enter the mainstream market.
LG has also recently improved its OLED production capacity to secure its dominance in the large-size OLED display market. When it comes to small OLED screens, however, Samsung's Super AMOLED panels for mobile devices has had a head start compared to LG. The recent development in this scenario is the construction of a manufacturing plant in China's Guangzhou city.
- Limbeck: It's bye, bye Vikings in the first round
- CBFC seeks several cuts, change in name for certifying 'Padmavati'
- Nine killed in latest crackdown on Iran protests
- Penn State Faithful Unite In Arizona
- Colts officially part ways with head coach Chuck Pagano
- She's back! Mariah Carey finds 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' redemption
- Eagles rookie CB Sidney Jones may make debut vs. Cowboys
- Daughter of Eric Garner dead at 27 following heart attack
- Minimum wage increases; paid family leave starts January 1
- Shah Rukh Khan reveals teaser of much-awaited 'dwarf' film Zero