The New Zealand born dancer has been on the road for his own dance show and only recently appeared on the Dancing with the Stars here in Ireland.
Now as a fan of the show since day dot I have come accustom to some of my favourite professional dancers leaving the show, although Lilia Kopylova's axing is still a sore point almost eight years on. "I like being a character on the show". "Some do, some don't [like it]".
Brendan won the competition at the first time of asking when he was partnered with Natasha Kaplinsky.
'The BBC haven't renewed my contract.
"They've made an editorial decision not to have me back on the show", he said. "I'm in shock. I'm quite emotional".
The dancer, who is now touring with his musical show, All Night Long, will have the time to be able to pursue other things, as well as spend time more with his partner Zoe Hobbs.
He and Anton Du Beke were the only professional dancers from the show's inception to remain on the show. I have had 15 incredible series on the show.
He said he would have preferred to make the decision to leave the show himself "but maybe I would never have made it". "It feels quite raw".
'I will still watch, I'm a big fan, I don't like the decision though'.
Speaking on Lorraine, Brendan said: 'This is hard to talk about. Ballas and Cole had a prickly exchange following Cole's tango with Charlotte Hawkins. "Nobody will argue with the judges". I am very disappointed.
As the news was confirmed on Tuesday morning Charlotte took to Twitter to reveal her sadness. What an end of an era - he's been such an integral part of the show since it started 15 series ago.
The BBC thanked Cole "for being part of the show since the beginning... and for the contribution he has made to its success".
- Jordan Clarkson Offered to Pistons for Avery Bradley
- Microsoft issues emergency Windows patch to undo Intel's bad Spectre fix
- 'Mock' swearing-in ceremony for Kenyan opposition leader Raila Odinga
- How & Where to Watch Pakistan vs New Zealand 3rd T20I Online
- French climber rescued from Pak's Nanga Parbat
- Government working to mitigate economic insecurity - President
- Pennsylvania auto wash shooting leaves 5 dead, police say
- Saudi billionaire Alwaleed released from detention
- Elon Musk's Boring Company unveils a flamethrower, starts pre-orders for $500
- Suarez, Valverde defend Coutinho after quiet debut