Note: After disabling the feature and hiding your last seen, you won't be able to see the last active status of other users as well.
Those you have direct messaged will no longer be able to tell when you were last active on the app - but there is a catch.
If you don't want anyone to see your use of Instagram, the feature can be switched off, but this also disables your own ability to view the activity of others. In the settings menu, they can then toggle off the "Show Activity Status" option.
Social media apps are fun but they also have a fair share of features which can be annoying for many.
It appears Instagram is only testing the feature since it hasn't published an official announcement yet. The new Activity Status feature is a part of the Direct section. To add all the details, according to an Instagram spokesperson's speech, "We're always working on ways to make it easier to have fun, real-time conversations with friends on Instagram". Instagram, however, did not have such feature up until now.
This is an attempt by Instagram to build up it's messenger service to rival the likes of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. To say it more simply, all followers and friends of users will be able to check the last time the user was active on Instagram.
The new feature has been enabled on Thursday for iOS and Android devices.
When checking the profile of someone you don't follow, but who follows you, Instagram now shows a "Follow Back" option instead of the simple "Follow".
While the feature is a good way to know if friends are online, the idea of it sounds creepy to others.
Now, this feature is very specific when it comes to who you can spy on.
- Amazon Bumps up Monthly Prime Membership 18 Percent
- WhatsApp launches app for Businesses
- Lebanon Allows Spielberg's New Film After Long-Time Ban
- Recent false missile notifications poses questions on local alerts
- Russian President Vladimir Putin dips into icy waters to mark Orthodox Epiphany
- Belgium pledges $23 million to UN Palestinian agency after US aid cut
- Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan named All-Star Game starter for second straight year
- Kim and Kanye announce baby name
- Details of Roy Halladay's autopsy results released
- Flu virus to blame for deaths of 45 Oklahomans