Ramamoorthy, an Indian national living in USA was charged with aggravated sexual abuse and held without bail after being arrested when the flight landed.
When she woke up, the woman said her clothing had been unbuttoned, both top and bottom, and she was being molested by a stranger who had his hand down her trousers.
After he was taken into custody, Ramamoorthy admitted to an FBI agent that he "might have" unhooked the woman's bra and "cupped her (clothed) breast", but said he only put a finger in her trousers, the federal complaint stated.
A man is accused of sexual assault on a January 3, 2017 flight to Detroit. The attendants kept the woman in the back of the plane and offered her a different seat, and while they were talking to the victim, Ramamoorthy's wife came to the back of the plane to see what was going on.
In a written statement, Ramamoorthy said that he himself was in a "deep sleep" and wasn't sure where his hand landed on the woman, but he amended that statement when speaking with the agent.
Ramamoorthy, whose age was not available, was taken into custody at the Wayne County Airport Authority. Jill Leslie Price of the Federal Defender Office, who showed up with Ramamoorthy, said he was eager to have his nation of origin told of the charge.
The report also says that Prabhu admitted to unzipping Celia's trousers and putting his fingers inside.
Prabhu also apparently gave conflicting testimonies about what happened with the victim. He rubbished the victim's claims, saying he had learnt from his wife that the woman was 'sleeping on his knees'. But the "flight attendants did not report that anyone asked them to change seats other than the victim", Jawad said.
Ramamoorthy has worked as a project manager in Metro Detroit for more than two years, defense lawyer Richard O'Neill said.
Spirit spokesman Stephen Schuler said the airline is "fully cooperating with law enforcement".
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Pre-orders to Begin Tomorrow
- Bournemouth Scored Potentially The Worst Goal Of The Season Against Brighton
- LG Showcases The World's Largest (88-inch) & Highest Resolution (8K) OLED Display
- Rick Smith taking leave of absence from Texans for wife's breast cancer
- 'Star Wars' and 'Jumanji' Closing Out 2017 With Box Office Race
- Moorhead native Borgen selected to US Olympic hockey team
- PMI rises to 52.5 in last month
- Colts officially part ways with head coach Chuck Pagano
- Shah Rukh Khan reveals teaser of much-awaited 'dwarf' film Zero
- Suspense clouds fate of triple talaq bill