Kane has scored 99 Premier League goals overall.
Click the right arrow, above, to see talkSPORT's Tottenham player ratings.
Tottenham have won four of their last five Premier League games to put pressure on the current top four.
While such news will no doubt be a cause for concern for Tottenham's supporters, and indeed players, Pochettino's contract extension signed past year will provide some comfort.
In that time the Belgian made 50 defensive actions, at an average of five per 90 minutes; only three Spurs defenders have a better average in the Premier League this season. Hopefully this game will be similarly lopsided so that it doesn't even matter who Tottenham have in goal.
Southampton's Mauricio Pellegrino brought on Michael Obafemi for his Premier League debut with eight minutes to play and the 17-year-old should have converted Tadic's centre. Despite the visitors' determination Southampton still managed to maintain good amounts of possession, and looked to be largely in control of the game.
"If we are waiting now, it's because now we can not be too anxious to try to make quick deals".
"If we are in this situation now, and no one new is here, it is because we are pushing to try to bring in good players and good players are hard to bring in".
Kane had a chance to win it for Spurs in the closing moments but dragged his left-footed shot wide to ensure Southampton secured a much-needed point.
- Thousands flood Baltimore for women's march
- Kim and Kanye announce baby name
- Amazon Bumps up Monthly Prime Membership 18 Percent
- Britain will be welcome back in European Union after Brexit, says Juncker
- CJI Deepak Misra to hear PIL on CBI judge BH Loya's death
- Australian Open Day 6 Highlights: Simona Halep survives marathon against Lauren Davis
- Hostages taken as four gunmen storm Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul
- Buses with Apple, Google employees pelted with stones in California
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit Cardiff
- Fire Breaks Out In Delhi Plastic Factory, Atleast 10 Killed