I think it was great for Test cricket - getting a result in four days despite losing a day's play. On the third day, the match was called off due to rain. It has worked for us in the recent past, that's something definitely is a combination that a lot of worldwide sides want to go with these days, because you don't want the bowlers to settle against one kind of batsmen and one line and length, specially with the new ball.
Watch day three of the first Test between South Africa and India live from 8.25am on Sunday on Sky Sports Cricket (channel 404) and Sky Sports Mix (121) and from 8.30am on Sky Sports Main Event (channel 401). Since the beginning, India started to lose wickets within regular gap.
Hardik Pandya's counter-punching 93 from 95 balls and two late wickets kept India alive on day two of the first Test in Cape Town after South Africa's pace attack had swept through the tourists' top and middle order. At the same time, they know that they can repeat that performance, and if we get a lively wicket again we can exploit those conditions.
Du Plessis admitted that he was nervous about defending a low target after South Africa lost their last eight wickets for 65 runs before lunch.
But he praised the character of the injured bowler, who came out to bat with nine wickets down in an effort to shepherd top-scorer AB de Villiers to a bigger score.
With Steyn unable to run, De Villiers needed to hit boundaries.
"The bowlers learned pretty quickly from the first innings, whatever mistakes needed to be corrected. We're not a team which thinks of what-ifs though", he said. "We knew the pitch would speed up". Also we rectified the errors we made in the first innings by letting them off after having them 12/3.
"We need the batsmen to apply themselves and show more character". But now, they are travelling South Africa where considering the schedule, they will have to play a Test, a ODI and a T20I series against Proteas.
We had a chat this morning and we wanted people step up and get us wickets.
- Streep, other celebs to bring activists as Golden Globe guests
- Salah - footballer of the year in Africa
- CES 2018: Toyota e-Palette Concept Is The Future Of Service Vehicles
- Cold weather to last through weekend
- Jesse Lingard scores an absolute screamer to help Man United beat Derby
- Magnitude 4.4 Earthquake Shakes the Bay Area: USGS
- Brad Pitt Bid $120000 to Watch 'Game of Thrones' With Emilia Clarke
- Oakland Raiders sign Jon Gruden as their next head coach
- Pakistan Rejects Trump's Criticism, Says It Can't Be Blamed for 'Collective Failure'
- Packers promoting Gutekunst to be next GM