City were looking to catch Crystal Palace on the break late on in Sunday's 0-0 draw, with Ederson saving a Luka Milivojevic penalty just a few moments earlier.
"The Premier League is a very physical league and the referees must take care of the players".
Asked if Sanchez had played his last game for Arsenal at The Hawthorns, Wenger told a news conference: "We play on Wednesday [against Chelsea]".
But the fact is that if Wenger and the players really want Alexis to leave, then this could force Man City to put in a substantial bid to get the Chilean before the summer. and give Wenger a good fund towards bringing in a replacement.
"I haven't spoken to the FA (Football Association) about it".
There are now real fears Jesus could face a much longer time on the sidelines than had first been expected by City boss Pep Guardiola. They focus on diving, on these kind of things.
Speaking after the Arsenal and Crystal Palace's recent league match Henry said that there is a clear indication of a split in the dressing room after Sanchez celebrated his goal alone with his team mates refusing to join him.
Former Aston Villa and Holland midfielder George Boateng believes Sanchez could inspire City if he makes the move from the Emirates to the Etihad.
"We will have internal meetings and see what is for the best, but he is an Arsenal player and I think he will be [after January]". Watford are on a frightful run of form, winning just one of their last eight league games and racking up four points out of a possible 24.
"They have been all over the shop ever since Everton made their unsuccessful approach for manager Marco Silva".
- Seoul holds second ship over 'oil transfers' to North Korea
- She's back! Mariah Carey finds 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' redemption
- Nine killed in latest crackdown on Iran protests
- Travis Scott 'splits' from 'pregnant' Kylie Jenner
- Rick Smith taking leave of absence from Texans for wife's breast cancer
- Moorhead native Borgen selected to US Olympic hockey team
- Eagles rookie CB Sidney Jones may make debut vs. Cowboys
- Serena loses in exhibition comeback after giving birth
- Minimum wage increases; paid family leave starts January 1
- Iran protests go on as social media apps blocked, 2 killed