Gabriel left the pitch in tears in the 23rd minute after appearing to accidentally injure his knee when he slipped as he tried to control the ball minutes earlier.
Yet the leaders turned in one of their sloppiest displays of the season - even De Bruyne's imperious passing radar was off - and needed a penalty save from Ederson Moraes off Luka Milivojevic in injury time to preserve their undefeated start. Today we were not lucky.
"Here are now more strong teams, a lot of competitions, a lot of games".
But as it was the spoils were shared, with the result reducing City's gap at the top to 14 points whereas Palace climbed out of the bottom three once again with the point.
"Maybe Arsene [Wenger] is anxious about that but I tell him many times that 2004 run is for him", he said.
Asked whether City will make a move when the transfer window reopens on January 1, Guardiola said: "I don't know. That's the environment. I admire the physicality of the league, but.protect all the players please".
With Jesus facing a spell on the sidelines Guardiola was asked about the Chilean, and the 46-year-old responded: "We will have meetings and see what is best". There is one line but where you go beyond it, that is unsafe. "My feeling now is Alexis is an Arsenal player".
It is the second time in recent games that Palace have had a late penalty saved in order to miss out on a win, following Christian Benteke's late spot-kick failure in the 2-2 draw with Bournemouth.
Watford is the first test, with Marco Silva's team going into the game having had nearly 24 hours extra rest than City since their defeat against Swansea on Saturday.
Manchester City have narrowly escaped defeat at Crystal Palace as their winning run in the Premier League ends.
Hodgson claimed before the game there was "no magic formula" to competing with City, insisting his Palace side's hopes of getting something from the game hinged on working hard, and defending well while maintaining an attacking threat.
- She's back! Mariah Carey finds 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' redemption
- 'Star Wars' and 'Jumanji' Closing Out 2017 With Box Office Race
- Jay Z's Latest Film Clip Features Beyoncé and Blue Ivy
- Rick Smith taking leave of absence from Texans for wife's breast cancer
- George Weah Unveils Agenda For Liberia
- TaxSlayer Bowl: Lamar Jackson's mistake-filled day leads to Mississippi State win
- Seoul holds second ship over 'oil transfers' to North Korea
- 'MAKE AMERICA GAY AGAIN' - Rainbow flag hung near Mike Pence's vacation home
- Scientists Slam Trump Tweet on 'Good Old Global Warming'
- 2 men charged in deaths of women, children found in home