Grumpy Cat and his owners won a legal battle against a beverage company they claim engaged in "despicable misconduct".
In 2015 however, the Post goes on to report that Grumpy Cat Limited and the Grenade beverage company entered into an intellectual property dispute that began with a licensing deal struck between the two companies in 2013.
However the Grenade beverage company continued to use images of Grumpy Cat to endorse other items it was selling, without Bundesen's consent.
Tardar Sauce and her owner were awarded $710,000 in damages after winning the lawsuit.
Bundesen owns Grumpy Cat Ltd., a company that makes items with a Grumpy Cat theme.
United States coffee company Grenade spotted her and asked owner Tabatha Bundesen if they could come up with a deal over the use of the cat's image.
The coffee chain's owners countersued on the grounds that the cat and its owners had not held up their side of the deal.
But it was this use of Grumpy Cat's image that lead to the lawsuit at California federal court. The gloomy face is said to be caused by feline dwarfism and an underbite. The cat did appear in a Christmas movie in 2014.
She also has 1.42 million followers on Twitter, 2.4 million on Instagram and nearly nine million likes on Facebook.
The Sandfords also claimed Grumpy Cat Limited had sabotaged the launch of the iced coffee through badly timed and inadequate social media posts, and during TV appearances. He also cited a Grumpy Cat appearance on the Fox News Show "Fox and Friends", Courthouse News reported. The cat's photo was uploaded by the cat owner's brother on Reddit. Lawyer David Jonelis said: "I think, first of all, that it's a just verdict".
- Meehan Still Running for Re-election Amid Sexual Harassment Probe
- Facebook weeds out 'untrustworthy' publications with split question news survey
- Manchester United move puts Alexis Sanchez as Premier League's highest-paid player
- Video game developers like the Nintendo Switch a lot, says GDC survey
- Hickenlooper orders flag be lowered in honor of fallen Adams County deputy
- Sami Anan Officially Banned from Running in Presidential Elections
- Burger King releases ad to explain net neutrality
- Tesla Crash With Autopilot Triggers Safety Board's Interest
- Anti-Islam Party Politician Resigns, Converts to Islam
- Vaping can lead teens to cigarette smoking