"It was a huge wolf spider", Lyndsey Wisegarver, a caregiver for one of the tenants, told the publication.
You might also be interested in.. The flames then spread throughout their apartment.
The residents attempted to put the fire out with a garden hose, but with no luck.
Firefighters from the Redding Fire Department rushed to the scene, arriving to find smoke streaming out of the second floor of the building.
Firefighters were able to contain it and avoid damage in the attic or other apartments.
Battalion Chief Rob Pitt said the fire ended up causing about $11,000 in damage and rendering the apartment uninhabitable.
This guy from California falls firmly into the latter group, because when he spotted a large spider in his bedroom, he decided the best course of action was to pull out his trusty torch lighter and burn the little bugger.
The residents will have to stay somewhere else for the time being because the building has been deemed structurally unsound.
She told the newspaper they had been keen to move out anyway.
Wisegarver said she had been thinking about moving out anyway and the fire had just sped up the process.
- NY state lawmaker charged with fraud, obstructing justice
- Man City outclass Burnley at the Etihad
- VW to launch self-driving MicroBus with Nvidia AI
- Did Donald Trump Forget the Words to the National Anthem?
- Egypt sets presidential election date day after Sisi rival bows out
- New signing Van Dijk's header wins it for Liverpool
- Third floor of Mumbai Sessions court charred in fire, no casualties
- Hardik Pandya has kept us in the game: Cheteshwar Pujara
- Ibuprofen Linked to Men's Fertility Problems
- Winter Weather in Green Country Tip Sheet