According to KTVA-TV, United Airlines flight 895 had to make the emergency stop at Ted Stevens International Airport in Anchorage on January 4. Last year, a Delta flight was forced to make an unscheduled landing in Montana because some passengers wanted to go potty after the aircraft's bathroom failed to function, the International Business Times reported.
"We received a report of a passenger who had messed up the bathrooms with his own faeces", Anchorage Airport police spokesman Joe Gamache said.
United Airlines flight 895 had to be grounded in Anchorage, Alaska, on Thursday night - hours and hours before reaching its final destination in China - due to a "disruptive passenger," the airline told NBC.
The man, a 22-year-old Vietnamese passport holder with United States residency, was escorted off the plane in handcuffs and met by law enforcement in the terminal, Gamache said.
The passenger was reportedly cooperative when he was met by airport authorities and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents in Anchorage.
Staci Feger-Pellessier, a spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Anchorage, told NBC affiliate KTUU that authorities were alerted that "an unruly passenger had caused some kind of disturbance" on the plane.
He was then taken to a hospital for a psych evaluation and no charges have been filed according to KTVA.
The FBI reported that the man had been released from jail in Evansville, Indiana, two days prior to the incident and was on his way to Vietnam to live with relatives.
- More than 100 Sears, Kmart stores to close
- Monster Hunter World gets a final PS4 beta
- Oakland Raiders sign Jon Gruden as their next head coach
- Chelsea 'on brink of signing Ross Barkley from Everton'
- Jon Gruden's 10-year deal with Raiders to approach $100M
- Pakistan Rejects Trump's Criticism, Says It Can't Be Blamed for 'Collective Failure'
- HP recalls 50000 laptop batteries globally citing safety issues
- Tesla Model 3 deliveries fall short, production target delayed again
- Arkansas Powerball reaches $570M, Mega Millions at $450M
- Trump seeks $18 billion to extend border wall over 10 years