Very recently, it came to everyone's attention that Elon Musk was possibly selling a flamethrower bearing the official logo of The Boring Company, Musk's tunnel-digging company that's attempting to build high tech underground freeways beneath cities like Los Angeles and Baltimore. Back then, he had tweeted that if The Boring Company (his tunnel and infrastructure digging effort) sells 50,000 hats bearing the company's name, his company would start manufacturing state-of-the-art flamethrowers. Basically, the company is digging tunnels beneath cities for travel in electric pods and/or on electric auto sleds. It's not clear exactly when the flamethrower will ship, but to help keep things extra safe buyers have the option of throwing in a Boring Company-branded fire extinguisher for an extra $30. Poking fun at the fact that movie merchandise is usually targeted towards the younger demographic, Yogurt proudly claimed that kids "love" the Spaceballs flamethrower. Still, it could have been a hoax, right? As originally reported by The Verge, people were talking on Reddit about a URL: boringcompany.com/flamethrower. Someone figured out that the password "flame" worked, and it took them to a page just like The Boring Company hat page. The flamethrower, if this web page is to be believed, will go for $600.
Based on the videos of the device, it seems like the Boring Co. flamethrower is simply a propane torch fitted on what seems to be a modified CSI S.T.A.R. XR-5 Airsoft Rifle.
'Kills zombies or your money back' Musk promotes $500 flamethrower (VIDEOS)
It's not clear if this screenshot is legitimate and, with the password having been changed it's hard to check so Alphr has contacted the Boring Company for clarification.
A little over six months later, Musk's whinge about commuting became a multi-million-dollar business well on its way to delivering a fully-working prototype. The product's description says that a fire extinguisher will be sold separately "for exorbitant amounts of money".
- Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen embracing scrutiny at Senior Bowl
- Federal Bureau of Investigation agent fatally shoots kidnapping victim during raid
- French climber rescued from Pak's Nanga Parbat
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots: Super Bowl LII preview
- Newport County 1 Tottenham 1: Kane spares Spurs FA Cup embarrassment
- Five things to watch for as Chelsea host Newcastle
- England fall to 5/8 in nightmare start at the Adelaide Oval
- Trump apologizes for retweeting anti-Muslim videos-sort of
- Jurgen Klopp replies when asked about Liverpool FC making more January signings
- Darren Samuelsohn: How Trump Almost Fired Mueller