US President Donald Trump struggling with the words to the national anthem, which he praised so much, seems to provoke a spate of comments ridiculing the president.
People have accused the United States president of forgetting the words.
"We want our flag respected", Trump said earlier Monday during a speech in Nashville, Tennessee, "and we want our national anthem respected also".
After the anthem, Trump left the field without saying anything.
President Donald Trump stumbled his way through a rendition of the USA national anthem at a college football game in Atlanta, Georgia, on Monday night. After a while, however, he appeared to lose track of the words, and began singing random words, with no concept of the song's tune.
The Trump administration has made national anthem protests in the NFL an intense focus point in the first year in office, with Vice President Mike Pence attending a Colts game in October only to leave as players protested during the national anthem.
On the other hand, it's tough to definitively conclude that someone doesn't know the words to a song from a video of them listening to a rendition that they're not actually performing.
President Trump is the oldest person to be elected president in US history, and his memory has often been called into question.
But as some on Twitter pointed out, right-wing critics who once called out what they considered to be President Obama's inadequately large American flag pin, could not by the same standard consider it a reverential performance.
Aravosis said: "This is priceless, as only 3 hours after he tweeted this Trump tried to sing the National Anthem and forgot the words".
The White House has vehemently denied these claims, and the president took to Twitter to personally defend his mental health in a string of now infamous tweets. The POTUS could be seen standing on the field, singing the anthem with his hand over his heart.
Trump has criticized professional football players who kneel during the anthem to protest racial injustice, as well as the NFL itself for allowing it.
- Trump postpones his fake "Fake News Awards"
- Saudi fighter jet crashes, Yemen rebels claim downing it
- Real Madrid loses Ramos for injury
- Hands-On With Razer's Project Linda Smartphone Hybrid Concept - CES 2018
- NDSU ends JMU 26-game winning streak for sixth FCS Championship
- Ford F-150 diesel aims for 30 mpg at EPA
- Bolivia Slams US 'Clumsiness' at UNSC Meeting On Iran Protests
- Feces-smearing passenger prompts flight diversion: Authorities
- 5 national-level powerlifters killed in road mishap
- Acer Chromebook 11 with USB Type-C launched, priced from $249