Barkley, 24, aborted a move to the Blues on deadline day last summer due to a serious hamstring injury but both parties resuscitated the deal after Spurs baulked from meeting the player's wage demand.
The January transfer window is now open so clubs are working hard trying to strengthen their squads for the second half of the season and put deals in place for the summer.
The Telegraph and even the Metro further added that Chelsea is very confident of signing the Everton man.
Barkley fell out of favour under former Everton boss Ronald Koeman following his refusal to sign a new contract last season. "I can't see that changing". However, now it looks like Conte's words have been heard by the board as they go after one of his main transfer targets.
The Tottenham boss was keen on the England global last summer, but something has changed and the Argentine was not willing to sanction the move.
That delay looks likely to cost Barkley's boyhood club £20m in transfer revenue although Everton risk losing the England global for nothing in the summer and will reluctantly accept a cut-price move.
Mauricio Pochettino is well renowned for deploying a high intensity pressing style of play, along with fiercely competitive training sessions, and it could be argued that Barkley would really struggle to fit into that way of working.
- Brutal cold continues… Wind Chill WARNING through Tuesday
- Rushing duo carries Bulldogs over Oklahoma in epic Rose Bowl finish
- U.S. won't recognize North-South talks without denuclearization
- Guardiola doesn't consider Alexis Sanchez's move next January
- Rich Gannon could join Jon Gruden with the Oakland Raiders
- All Mariah Carey Wanted For New Years Eve Was Some Tea
- Telegram Introduces Multiple Account Switching On Android
- PMI rises to 52.5 in last month
- Bournemouth Scored Potentially The Worst Goal Of The Season Against Brighton
- 'Game Of Thrones' Will Officially Return In 2019 With Season 8