She didn't get her hot tea, but she did get her act together - and what a disappointment that turned out to be. Thank you for acknowledging the freezing cold weather and the necessity for hot tea! After greeting the New Year at midnight, she went on to sing a rendition of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York", which was blaring over speakers.
Carey's performance past year was an abject, Murphy's Law-level disaster.
I'm getting old, which means that every New Year's Eve, my butt is parked on the couch in front of the t.v. instead of facing big crowds and bitter cold in an attempt to buy overpriced drinks that will make me feel less self-conscious about all the P.D.A. going on around me.
Mariah Carey ended 2016 with a whimper, so when everyone found out that she would be returning for Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest to help say goodbye to 2017, the world couldn't help but be wary. "I was told there would be tea?"
"I just want to take a sip of tea if they'll let me", she said after "Vision of Love", turning around onstage in search of a warming beverage that wasn't there. Rewatch her performance and vote below. One viewer wrote, "The first time life throws you a curve in 2018, just remember: Mariah Carey made it through without her hot tea". Fans saw her performance as a redemption from last year's show, tarnished by technical difficulties when equipment malfunctioned during Carey's performance of her 1991 hit "Emotions". May the rest of Mariah's 2018 be fantastic, and filled with lots and lots of hot tea.
- Suspense clouds fate of triple talaq bill
- U.S. won't recognize North-South talks without denuclearization
- Bournemouth Scored Potentially The Worst Goal Of The Season Against Brighton
- Limbeck: It's bye, bye Vikings in the first round
- Rushing duo carries Bulldogs over Oklahoma in epic Rose Bowl finish
- Colts officially part ways with head coach Chuck Pagano
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Pre-orders to Begin Tomorrow
- Travis Scott 'splits' from 'pregnant' Kylie Jenner
- Brutal cold continues… Wind Chill WARNING through Tuesday
- Packers already extended Mike McCarthy's contract through 2019 season