"We have repeatedly stated that the pressure of sanctions has been exhausted", he told journalists in the Belarusian capital, Minsk.
Chinese oil supplies to the pariah state are its lifeline, which is why they have been the topic of negotiations between the USA and China ever since Pyongyang started testing nuclear ballistic missiles. "Let them say it directly. then we can take a decision about how to react", said Mr Lavrov.
But Russia, which is masterfully edging the USA out of relevance in Syria, is now making more muscular statements on Trump's diplomatic shortcomings with North Korea, including his calls to further isolate the regime.
World War 3 fears have been raised and North Korea expert Gordon Change has warned rogue dictator Kim Jong-un could spark a "global conflict". "We're really asking them to please restrain more of the oil, not cut it off completely", Tillerson said in remarks at the State Department. "We regard this negatively", he said.
Mr Trump, in a tweet, said yesterday that China appeared to have had little impact on the North Korean leader, expressing wonder that his people and military "put up" with conditions there.
The United States is battling to maintain worldwide solidarity in the face of North Korea's nuclear threat after Russian Federation warned that sanctions have failed and China side-stepped talk of an oil embargo. "China can do this on its own, or we can take the oil situation into our own hands". Explaining the importance of an oil embargo, she said that when China cut off oil supplies to that country in 2003, Pyongyang came to the negotiating table.
"The U.S. role is diminishing at the expense of China's expansion, and the more that the U.S.is seen as an unreliable ally, a unsafe provocateur, the more China looks like a reasonable grownup in the region, even though there's a great deal of distrust of China by many Asian countries", said Armstrong.
At the Council meeting convened at the request of the US, Japan and South Korea, Under Secretary-General Jeffrey Feltman said the missile launched on Wednesday had travelled about 950 kilometres before falling into the sea in Japan's exclusive economic zone.
- New BMW i8 Roadster Gets Official
- Justin Thomas has a warning for Tiger Woods ahead of his comeback
- Cyclone Ockhi on way to Kerala, TN
- Cyber Monday Becomes 'Mobile Monday' With $6.5 Billion Revenue Haul
- Irish minister calls for 'political solution' to avoid hard border post-Brexit
- 5 militants killed, army para commando injured in two Kashmir gunfights
- Waze Adds Voice Commands, Motorcycle Mode, Carpool Lanes
- First lady goes with classic, traditional Christmas decor
- Google Datally Android app gives fine-grained mobile data control
- War criminal dies after drinking poison in United Nations court