"The one thing I learned from my 10 years as Tiger's coach, and since then, is never say never when it comes to Tiger Woods", Harmon wrote.
No more birdies were forthcoming, however, and Fowler settled for a course-record 61 and an 18-under total of 270. Woods was able to post scores of 69-68-75-68, and while the course wasn't as hard as typical championship venues on the PGA Tour, three under par rounds is certainly a positive step for Woods.
Woods, the former longtime world No. 1 and 14-time major champion, had not officially logged four competitive rounds since the Wyndham Championship on August 20-23, 2015.
The ever secretive Woods has revealed few specifics of his back operations or his rehabilitation, but his most recent spinal fusion surgery seems to have been successful, judging by his movement and swing patterns.
"Time waits for no man" said former PGA Tour player Frank Nobilo, who along with most everyone else was impressed with Woods' performance in the Bahamas, without losing sight of the big picture.
"I really didn't feel I was that far off. I just ended up in bad spots after good shots".
Fowler was in a class of his own in a scintillating exhibition, birdying the first seven holes and surging into a two-shot lead by going out in 28.
Woods posted three under-par rounds for the week, including a final-round 4-under 68 that featured his eagle on No. 7 and a half-dozen birdies.
Jordan Spieth, tied for second to start the round, fired a final-round 69 to share third with England's Tommy Fleetwood, who signed for a 67. How am I going to get used to the adrenaline in my system, because it's the first time in a while.
World No. 1 Dustin Johnson finished in a tie for 14th at 288 after a final-round 72.
- Super Frost Moon Will Light Up the Sky This Weekend
- AP Top 25: Alabama Jumps Ahead of Ohio State
- Mauricio Pellegrino hails Nathan Redmond's impact as Southampton draw
- Florida teen Caitlyn Frisina found safe in NY
- One killed, several injured after auto plows into pedestrians in NYC
- Manchester United fans are getting excited about Agent P again
- Federal regulator gives OK for bitcoin futures to trade
- December supermoon dazzles in morning sky
- Ali defeats Cotto, wins WBO junior middleweight crown
- Yemen's anti-Saudi alliance members clash for second day, three killed