The 36-year-old brothers lost their case against Mr Zuckerberg but received a settlement of US$65 million (S$87.6 million) and used US$11 million of it to invest in bitcoin back in 2013, meaning they were early backers of the cryptocurrency.
"If you like gold, there are many reasons you should like Bitcoin", Cameron said.
The digital currency hit an all-time high of $11,773.83, up 8% on the day, according to CoinDesk.
Their bet paid off hugely, with bitcoin having soared over 10,000 per cent after last week's price surge.
LONDON, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 23: A visual representation of the digital Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin on October 23, 2017 in London, England.
Whilst the legitimacy of the digital currency continues to be debated, the Winklevoss twins were firm believers in taking a punt, telling the Telegraph in a past interview that it's "like a better version of gold", with the potential to reach the value of trillions. At that time, one coin traded for only around $120. The Telegraph noted that the Winklevoss twins have been long-term Bitcoin bulls.
"We've never sold a bitcoin, we're in it for the long haul", Cameron added.
There is also a steady increase in interest from institutional investors.
The twins invested some of the settlement money - around A$14million - in Bitcoin in 2013. Last week it emerged that exchange operator Nasdaq could follow rival CME Group in launching bitcoin future contracts next year, a sign that professional investors are increasingly taking the asset seriously.
What the Winklevii is are two people now holding just over $1 billion worth of bitcoin, and that's fantastic.
- Syria: Israel Attacked Iranian Base outside Damascus
- Amazon Australia has finally launched... and it's frankly underwhelming
- AP Top 25: Alabama Jumps Ahead of Ohio State
- Canada's jobless rate hits lowest since 2008 as hiring spikes
- Yemen's anti-Saudi alliance members clash for second day, three killed
- Germany's SPD denies agreeing coalition talks with Angela Merkel
- LiAngelo Ball Is Leaving UCLA Without Having Played a Game
- Manchester United fans are getting excited about Agent P again
- Ali defeats Cotto, wins WBO junior middleweight crown
- Arrest made in Mariah Woods disappearance; missing girl believed to be deceased