For those who thought Steve Jobs only refers to the flamboyant Apple CEO who also created the iPhone along with so much more are in for a pleasant surprise, there is also a clothing line going by the same name.
Share this article: Steve Jobs.
As if Apple hasn't had a tough enough year, they've just learned about a company named after their late founder, Steve Jobs.
According to La Repubblica Napoli (via The Verge), the brothers in 2012 noticed Steve Jobs' name was not trademarked by Apple, so they made a decision to start their own clothing and accessory company named after the co-founder.
Apparently, Apple did not have a registered trademark on the name but they weren't too happy the brothers wanted to use it.
Apple is known for being in court a lot. According to la Repubblica Napoli, Apple didn't help their case because they went after brothers for the logo instead of the ummmm actual name itself. It said the brothers should be free to carry on using their trademark. But most of us are just hearing about a little-known court case involving Italian clothing company, Steve Jobs.
"However, the court ruled that the letter "J" isn't edible and therefore the bite could not be ripping off Apple's own iconic logo, and upheld the brothers' trademark".
Apple did, of course, challenge the branding, sending the brothers four huge folders of legal documents, but the EU's Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market rejected Apple's objection. The Italian company's logo is a simple "J" with a bite taken out of it.
However, they say they are likely to step onto Apple's turf by making electronics, including potentially a Steve Jobs-branded Android smartphone.
- Viswanathan Anand wins World Rapid Chess Championship
- The iPhone 'forces' Tim Cook to fly private
- Trump slams China over reported North Korea oil sales: 'Caught RED HANDED'
- Jaish-e-Mohammed Terrorist killed by security forces in J&K's Pulwama
- Vijay Rupani rakes oath as Gujarat CM
- Doctors warn flu season could peak due to travel, parties
- Van Dijk most expensive defender after $100M Liverpool move
- Arctic high brings a cold end to the week
- Barber arrested after this haircut. What would you do?
- Jay Z's Latest Film Clip Features Beyoncé and Blue Ivy