"It is actually even thought that those who receive the flu vaccine, even if you are exposed to influenza, it may temporize the disease to a certain extent".
"My whole career has been about helping people and protecting lives".
"Most of the increase came around Thanksgiving", Burton said.
A woman in her 50s, who had underlying medical conditions and who had had not received a flu vaccine this season, has died, the City of El Paso Department of Public Health announced.
The Harris County Health Department provided us with some information. Many health plans cover the cost of the vaccine with no copay. "Not a major increase in absences but an increase for sure", Reilly said via email.
A press release by MCMC stated that influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and even death. DPH said 355 people tested positive for the flu as of December 16, and 144 people have been hospitalized.
Stay home when you are sick.
The vaccine is recommended for everyone 6 months and older.
"It could be that we're going into one of our worst seasons", he said.
Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting the second and third flu-related deaths in Dallas County for the 2017-2018 season.
Burton checks reported flu cases in Kerr, Gillespie, Kendall and Bexar counties.
They must be worn until an infection prevention coordinator determines they are no longer necessary, and the requirement reinstated if flu activity picks back up.
"But it's still better to get the shot, than not to get it", Burton said.
Burton said for people age 65 and older, there is a high-dose vaccine.
Dr. John Cannell, founder of the Vitamin D Council, introduced the idea that a deficiency of the vitamin could be an underlaying cause of influenza. The vitamin is credited with boosting immunity levels.
Some claim to hate needles while many assume getting the shot is going to hurt. Experts also say you should not go to work or school if you have a fever.
The number of cases has risen sharply in the past month, according to Health Department data.
- Japan Decides to Boost Missile Defense with Aegis Ashore (News)
- Twitter Suspends Trump's Favorite Alt-Right Islamophobic Retweet Account
- French data protection orders WhatsApp to stop sharing user data with Facebook
- Returning winds churn up heightened alert in fire-hit California
- New York Islanders heading back to Nassau County
- Palestinian Teen Who Slapped Israeli Soldiers Arrested Over Altercation
- Facebook introduces new facial recognition and privacy features
- Meryl Streep Fires Back At Rose McGowan After 'Charmed' Star Criticized Her
- Active weather pattern arrives, heavy rain expected Friday-Saturday
- Lane Kiffin, FAU Reportedly Agree on 10-Year Contract Extension