Samsung today announced a new range of laptops which will be revealed at CES 2018. The notebook comes with Intel's 8th generation Core i7 processor, and can be configured with up to 16GB DDR4 RAM, and up to 1TB NVMe solid state storage. The connectivity ports available on the device include USB-C, USB 3.0, HDMI, Dollars card slot, headphone/microphone jack and DC-in. Both the Notebook 9 (2018) and Notebook 9 Pen come with Windows Hello built-in for secure authentication through the fingerprint sensor without having to type in a password. The only difference between the 13-inch and 15-inch model is that the 15-inch model also features NVIDIA's GeForce MX150 graphics card.
The Notebook 9 Pen comes with a built-in S Pen stylus.
Buyers of the 15-inch Notebook 9 can choose between one Thunderbolt 3 port or one USB Type C, but otherwise will get as standard two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, an HDMI port, and a microSD slot. Samsung will begin selling the new notebooks in South Korea starting this month, while other markets will need to wait until the first quarter of next year. It's a 2-in-1 PC that comes with the same Metal12 chassis that's on the Notebook 9 (2018).
Samsung has updated its lightweight Notebook 9 series from 2017 with Intel's 8th generation Core i7 chips.
As for the "regular" Notebook 9 laptops, these will come in three different flavors, ranging from 13.3-inch displays to that of 15-inch, and save for their differences in design and lack of a touchscreen display, they will share similar hardware specs in terms of RAM and processor. And thanks to the 360-degree hinge, one can use the device either as a laptop or a tablet. Removing the stylus activates Air Command menu through which users can quickly access Autodesk Sketchook, Samsung Notes and S Pen shortcuts. The Pen model comes with a smaller 35Wh battery. Storage tops off at 512GB of NVMe PCIe memory and it only has an integrated Intel HD Graphics. The notebook also supports a 720p HD web camera and it includes a fingerprint scanner. The 13-inch offers the same ports as the S Pen model except it features one extra USB 3.0 port.
The Samsung Notebook 9 Pen and all three Notebook 9 (2018) versions rock "Metal12" premium magnesium aluminum designs with razor-thin screen bezels and snazzy color options including Light Titan, Titan Silver and Crush White.
- Google Home Max now on sale from Google Store and Verizon
- Apple Inc Acquires Music Identification App Shazam For $400 Million
- Former Ole Miss quarterback Shea Patterson announces transfer to MI
- GCPH stresses importance of flu vaccine
- Roy Moore's marketing campaign, accuser battle over yearbook signature
- Google Brings Augmented Reality Stickers App to Pixel & Pixel 2 Devices
- Israeli strike kills two people in Gaza, IDF denies attack
- Saakashvili Freed, Marched Home By Supporters
- Arsene Wenger admits he is anxious by Arsenal's defensive anxiety
- All the new features coming to Google Maps