This is disappointing given all that's been said in the media over the last five days.
"The union reiterated its position that its mandate for strike action can be implemented, after the required notice is given, in the absence of a timely agreement".
Earlier this year, he argued that pilots' unions are a "busted flush" who "preside over the death of numerous flag carrier airlines".
"Christmas flights are very important to our customers and we wish to remove any worry or concern that they may be disrupted by pilot industrial action", Ryanair chief executive Michael O'Leary said in a statement announcing a conditional offer to recognise pilot unions in Britain, Germany, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
The Impact union, whose members include cabin crew, said it would be delighted to start talks in due course.
The airline is meeting a pilot's unit for the first time in history today.
Arriving for the meeting, Mr Harbor said they expected the company would confirm its decision to recognise the union for negotiating purposes.
Ryanair will now change its long-standing policy of not recognising unions, starting this week with meetings with Irish, German and Portugese pilot unions, writes Cillian Sherlock.
The low-priced carrier said it was making the move to avoid "widespread customer disruptions over Christmas".
"Clearly one of the upsides of engaging in union recognition from our point of view is that it opens up growth opportunities for us in France and Scandinavia, countries that were previously closed to us because we felt it was going to involve mandatory union recognition", O'Leary said.
The news came ahead of Ryanair's meeting later in the day with Impact, the union representing Irish pilots.
He called on Ryanair to respond swiftly to the request for a signed document as the union does not want "to be in an industrial action phase". "We're decisive in it", he said.
- US Declares North Korea Behind Devastating Global 'WannaCry' Cyberattack
- Sarah Palin's son, Track, arrested on domestic violence charges for second time
- Dogs went through 'drastic lifestyle' changes before mauling owner
- Facebook introduces new facial recognition and privacy features
- Las Vegas Bowl 2017 score: Updates on Oregon
- Injured, Dozens Stranded In Pennsylvania Ski Lift Accident
- Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis plans to leave team after season
- People With Egg Allergies Can Now Get The Traditional Flu Shot
- Twitter Suspends Trump's Favorite Alt-Right Islamophobic Retweet Account
- Lane Kiffin, FAU Reportedly Agree on 10-Year Contract Extension